Thursday 1 March 2018

5e D&D Followers & Henchmen

I think the big lacuna in 5e DMG for domain/lord play is the lack of follower rules for high level PCs. So I've been adapting the 1e DMG rules, which work well - eg I rolled on the Fighter table for a Barbarian-14. I use the Thief guild rules for Rogues establishing networks. For a Cleric establishing an urban temple I used a formula for cult followers = (level + CHA bonus)x5 - but if she establishes a proper holy fortress I'd probably use the DMG armed followers table for her too.

For PC-class Henchmen I'm also using the 1e DMG rules, with a level limit of 1 per Tier, which closely matches the DMG limits. So:

PC Level > Henchie level
1-4 > 1
5-10 > 2
11-16 > 3
17-20 > 4
20+Boon > 5

Max number of henchmen = PC CHA bonus+2, so from eg 1 at CHA 8 to 7 at CHA 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment